Make a Difference
The Madison Parks Foundation is a private non-profit organization that is independent of the Madison Parks Division. Private support is essential in creating a lasting legacy for generations to come. Gifts to the Madison Parks Foundation General Fund (unrestricted gifts) make the biggest impact because the donation is allocated to the area of greatest need in our parks. Please consider making a gift in one or more of the following ways:
Tributes & Memorials
- For memorial gifts, gifts as a tribute, gifts for a holiday or special occasion.
Become a Corporate Sponsor:
- Get your business noticed! Sponsor a Madison Parks Foundation special event!
- Picnic in the Park is our biggest event of the year. This annual event rotates from park to park, celebrating not only the beautiful spaces throughout our city but the remarkable history behind each park. Our partner celebrity chefs provide an era-inspired feast and the event features live music along with an update on Madison Park Foundation’s latest initiatives. Thanks to the generous support of Event Essentials and our sponsors, proceeds from the Picnic in the Park support the Madison Parks Foundation. For more information, please contact us at 608-266-4339.
- To discuss other business sponsorship ideas, please contact us at 608-266-4339 or email.
Establish a Sustainable or Recurring Gift
- Establishing a sustainable or recurring gift (also called monthly or regular giving) with the Madison Parks Foundation is a great way to show your commitment to the future of our parks! These gifts are pledges for which you can automatically donate a specific amount each month. The authorization could be for a specific length of time or could be for an indefinite period until you elect to discontinue it. Contact us if you would like more information.
Match gifts through your company
- Maximize your donation dollars if your company has a matching gift program.
Make a stock transfer
- For wiring instructions or gifts of securities, contact Eric Pollock or Jody Hasz of US Bank at 608-252-4486
Have your own fundraiser
- Host an event to raise funds on behalf of Madison Parks. Some examples of these fundraisers are bake sales, garage sales, 10% off day at a local restaurant or “jeans day” at work. For larger scale fundraisers, one could organize a golf event, an art show or an auction with the proceeds to benefit the Madison Parks Foundation.
Volunteer – Give the gift of time
- Help by volunteering. No experience is necessary and all are welcome. The Madison Parks Division offers opportunities for volunteers to help on projects throughout the city. For more information please call Volunteer Services at 608-266-4711.
- Donate with an estate gift or bequest. It’s a way you can leave a lasting legacy for Madison’s parks. Please visit our Planned Giving page for more information.
If you would like advice or assistance in giving back to the community by supporting the Madison Parks Foundation, please feel free to call the Madison Parks Foundation at 608-266-4339 or email us.